On the Move

So it's Sunday, it's very cold and I'm waiting for the shuttle bus in the car park at Gatwick North.

I'm heading over to Amsterdam to work as speaker coach on a conference for two days. It shouldn't be too arduous. It's reasonably well paid and Amsterdam is a great city..... And yet I seem to have gone into that winter hibernation mode this week where all I want to do is be curled up in the flat with the heating on and watching tv.

The best reason I had for braving the cold this week was to venture up to Yorkshire to surprise my mum on her 89th birthday.

Having already bought her a new chair( see previous entry) and arranged for a card with flowers to be delivered she wasn't expecting a visit. So a call to her at 2 pm to ask her to check the doorstep for a parcel worked a treat. No matter what I had bought her it wouldn't have received quite the same reaction as the sight of me standing on the garden path did. She was overjoyed. That and the combination of being taken out for dinner at Hellaby Hall that evening made her day. The moral here readers, is that the simplest idea can be the best present if it's something the person really wants.


And...a casting that I wrote off the minute I walked out of the room on Tuesday delivered an offer of an episode of "Law and Order UK' shooting in December. The role - a rather snotty, slightly camp antiques dealer. You see, still pushing the boundaries of the envelope!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Years Reign

A Single Monty

Living for today