Tuesday dawns foggy and misty in South east London and today I'll learn to scroll back through this blog so that he whole thing gets spell checked and not just the last two paragraphs.
My big step forward yesterday was that I managed to drink a cup of tea without a straw. Lots of slurping and noise and not very polite but felt great. Have got very sick of hot drinks through straws over the last couple of weeks and indeed the taste of plastic for all my drinks.
I know its going to take time and on the scale of what people have said I am only two and a half weeks in and it could be two to three months before I gain full use of my face back, but it was a small thing that meant that it was moving forward.
Today is my last dose of steroids. They've made me insomniac and ravenously hungry and breaking out in sweats in the middle of the day so as a medication I shan't be sorry to have to come off them.

Yesterday we took delivery of our new car. Syd the smart little yellow Citroen who we have leased for the last two years was collected, inspected and taken away and it was quite sad. In his place is Guy, an electric metallic blue Citroen- with electric windows and air conditioning this time who was delivered from of all places Doncaster! By a man who knew the shop my parents had had in Thrybergh, so the small world theory comes in to place. It becomes even smaller when one gets to know the fact the car was a new one from Glasgow delivered to Doncaster on Monday. Last week it sat in a Citreon showroom in Finieston Street in Glasgow. The showroom was across the road from the City Inn Glasgow and last week I was busy not getting any sleep....in the City Inn Glasgow! Small world indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Years Reign

A Single Monty

Living for today