Living for today

This week I attended a memorial service for an actor I had the pleasure of working with in corporate role-play on many occasions. 

He made me laugh, loud and often. He knew his stuff, and he always had an eye to make sure we didn’t get overused for the money. I was always pleased when I saw his name on a job sheet. He was a wonderfully intelligent man, and it was a great pleasure to be in his company.

Rest in piece Greg Harris

The celebration was wonderful and gave me a chance to catch up with many colleagues who I no longer see as the areas of my work have changed

Greg was my four years younger than me. He’s not the only one of my contemporaries to have left us in the last few months., The wonderful comedian Andy Smart. The director, Michael Boyd. 

I’ve spent the last twenty months finding my new life. The realisation is that I don’t know how long it will be.

So there is no time for regret. No time for wishing “If only” and “What if “. Time to throw off the duvet each morning and greet the world on its own terms. Time to relish today, not worry about tomorrow.

I’m so lucky with my friends and colleagues and have carved out a niche in the world post divorce.

And yet, it seems there was room for one more on top, as the bus conductor would cry. Spending the Bank holiday with my partner, entertaining at a brunch, doing boat DIY or attending a car fest he’d organised with over a hundred cars and drivers present made for an entertaining and fulfilling weekend.

This week we had some great theatre trips and I presented at an awards ceremony and hosted a literary quiz while he smiled with pride in the audience. I’m certain it's just  one of many fulfilling weeks to come.

And I’ll go out there and live them all to the full. Life may recently have presented me with hurtful bruises and caused me to doubt myself, but forward is the way.

Hopefully, in a very flash car driven by a very gorgeous Canadian.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Years Reign

A Single Monty