If you go down to the woods today........

When to blog and when not to blog...that is the question.

When does one have items of interest to ones followers.? Hard to tell but I do feel that probably regular updates are the best thing.

The weekend had us discovering another little local gem. We've lived here for five years now and yet Sunday afternoon was the first time we have ventured into Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Woods. A small enclave at the top of Sydenham hill, the woods are centred around the now disused old High level railway line that served Crystal Palace. The top end of the woods sees the mouth of the disused tunnel, a tad spooky and covered over now to stop intruders. the woods are full of winding paths, have their own Victorian folly, and footbridge and were the spot where Pissaro painted the now defunct Lordship Lane Station= that is he painted a picture of the station - he wasn't into decorating! . Sunday afternoon sees them as a haven for Dulwich dogs running wildly through the undergrowth while their owners take a Hunter Wellingtoned stroll to work off lunch. It was a joy.

Suddenly now we have got into February my diary has got busier and the days of having to find things to do at home now seem a luxury. This week sees me working every day including Saturday and Sunday and longing for a morning when the alarm doesn't have to go off. No pleasing us is there?

A visit to the consultant re my Palsy yesterday brought the news that my recovery is doing well, although I still have 20% paralysis in the right side of my face. It shows when I am tired though at other times evidently it is hard to detect. I am aware of it all the time, a feeling of numbness along the right side of my mouth and travelling up to just underneath my eye. Evidently I have made a good recovery but if this last section does not improve by my next appointment at the beginning of April, then I will start electric nerve therapy to jolt things into place. Perhaps a hard slap round the chops might do the same thing!

Last night I finally caught up with "Legally Blonde" A gorgeous performance at its heart from Sheridan Smith, but otherwise a show to smile at rather than laugh out loud. Good cat, though Duncan James is a bit of a waste of space and production values that hardly seem to justify the ticket price, though as I was a guest it's not something I can moan about.

Time to finish as the alarm is set for 6.00am for a days roleplay in Hitchin! Who says I don't have a glamorous life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Years Reign

A Single Monty

Living for today